Antique music boxes, Edison phonographs, Victrolas for sale
The automated music show is a special, world-renowned show where dealers buy and sell antique phonographs, Victrolas, talking machines, music boxes, 78rpm and cylinder records, and everything mechanically musical. Dates for the 2014 show will be announced later this year. See map and directions
We've posted some photographs of the August, 2009 Danbury, Connecticut show. Thanks to everyone who came, dealers and buyers alike!
The For Sale pages. Hundreds of music machines and records offered by Lynn Bilton, the promoter of the automated music show.
- Our listings of Regina, Polyphon, Symphonion, Mira and other antique disc music boxes for sale. Restored and unrestored.
- Our listings of Edison phonographs, Victor talking machines, Columbia Graphophones and other external horn
machines for sale. Includes Edison cylinder machines such as Standards, Homes, Firesides and Triumphs, disc and cylinder Graphophones, and when available lesser seen machines such as Berliners, Zonophones, Standard Talking Machines, and Talkophones.
- Our listings of Victor Victrolas and other internal horn Victrola type machines for sale. Includes when available Grafonolas, Sonoras, wicker phonographs, Amberolas, Orthophonics, and many others.
- Our listings of Swiss cylinder music boxes for sale Includes when available boxes from Mermod Freres, Paillard, Nicole, Bremond and other quality makers.
- Our listings of Edison cylinder records, Edison Diamond Disc records, and 78rpm records for sale Includes 2 minute wax records and 4 minute Blue Amberols, typically one thousand Edison cylinder titles are available.
- Our listings of antique phonograph and music box parts for sale, including metal disc records for Regina and other music boxes May include whole motors with mainsprings, reproducers, empty cabinets, tone arms, and more. We also offer reasonably priced antique phonograph repair.
Noteworthy News Archives. Twenty years of informative articles about the hobby from our hardcopy newsletter, as well as some content
exclusive to the web.
- NEW: Antique phonograph and talking machine identification guide Detailed and close-up
photographs of hundreds of machines, broken down by model and manufacturer. Indispensible for both newcomers and advanced collectors.
- NEW: Victor Talking Machine outside horn identification Includes detailed photographs of many rarely
Beginner's Guides. Basic tutorials with just enough to get you started learning about antique phonographs and music boxes.
Recent Beginner's Guides:
- The Edison Diamond Disc Phonograph
- Collecting Antique Phonographs and Victrolas
- Antique Phonograph and Victrola FAQ. Includes where to get parts and who can repair your antique Edison or Victrola.
- Purchasing an antique music box The most complete tutorial on the web. Read this before you buy!
- Regina music boxes, buy and sell Some updated notes specifically relating to Regina models.
- Edison Phonograph tutorial Includes model identification and repair hints.
- The Columbia Graphophone and Grafonola Includes model identification of the most common machines.
I'm Lynn Bilton. I bought my first machine in 1972, a Victor Schoolhouse with wooden horn, purchased for $52.50 in Gibson City, Illinois. Since then, I've had everything from a musical snuff box to a military band organ pass through my hands. In 1985 we began the automated music show, which has brought together dealers and collectors from all over the world. The show has run at various locations on the east coast and midwest, and is currently being held in Danbury, Connecticut.
I stand behind what I sell. I won't tell you that everything is in "perfect condition" or "completely restored," because it almost never is. Any detriments are clearly noted in our descriptions.
I am always interested in purchasing unusual machines. I'm also interested in the history of what I sell, and would be pleased to receive copies of any original literature or documents.